Discover pure organic witch hazel, free from added alcohol. Witch hazel is a versatile ‘floral water’ steam distilled from the stems and leaves of the witch hazel tree. Use our organic witch hazel as a cleanser and toner and for a multitude of home remedies.
hamamelis virginiana (organic, pure, alcohol free, steam distilled)
How is witch hazel made?
Witch hazels is made by distilling the leaves and twigs of the witch hazel tree. Unlike commercial bottles of witch hazel purchased in chemists which contain up to 25% grain alcohol, our stock is the pure distillate with nothing else is added or taken away. It means that you can use this witch for a variety of applications including around the eyes.
Pure witch hazel characteristics
Our stock is, pure, freshly produced and full of wild character: Leafy, smoky, earthy, almost burn earth and barky. It is very unlike commercial witch hazel where the natural ‘wild’ aroma is masked by the smell of alcohol.
Which Skin Types is Witch Hazel Good For?
- Normal skin
- Oily Skin
- Skin prone to acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
Benefits of using organic alcohol free witch hazel on the skin
- Use as a cleanser to clean the pore and remove excess oils for oily skin
- With is astringent and anti-oxidant properties use to cleanse acne- prone skin.
- The anti-inflammatory effects of witch hazel are ideal for soothing razer burn – making ideal to apply to the skin as a natural aftershave, also to sooth nappy rash.
- Use as a natural after sun to calm red skin and reduce the risk of peeling.
- Use on areas of itchy skin.
- Combine with alum pebbles to make a natural deodorant.
- With its astringent properties, it is frequently used in cleaners, toners and aftershaves and to tighten loose skin.
- Place on a pad and use for relieving dark circles under and around the eyes (don’t do this with conventional witch hazel as the alcohol will burn the eyes). Repeat daily for 10 minutes.
- Place a few drop in each eye to relieve tired, red eyes.
- Mucus membranes – add to your homemade (green clay toothpaste) or use as a mouthwash to tighten loose gums, stop bleeding in gums. Apply directly to treat minors sores in the mouth.
- Use as a gargle for sore throats, or apply with a wet cloth to sore glands.
- Add a few drops to your rhassoul clay shampoo to reduce itchiness, redness and scalp sensitivity.
- Skin – Clean blackheads, whiteheads and pimples several times a day to help prevent breakouts.
A cloth soaked in witch hazel can be used on varicose veins and you should elevate the part being treated to reduce the blood pressure in the veins to make the treatment more effective.
Other Home remedies using witch hazel (alcohol free)
- Use on blisters, insect bites or cold sore (use in combination with our alum crystal insect bite relief chips).
- Use to clean grazes, cuts, for sore tired eyes, to tighten the skin to reduce stretch marks (or use our organic argan oil for stretch mark prevention and the treatment of scars).
- Use on cracked heals – a soak a cloth and hold in place with a pair of socks for 10 minutes.
We pack all our floral waters in glass jars, and all our products are sent in plastic free packaging.
Choose either a bottle with a regular metal screw cap or a bottle with a pump spray mister. We have 3 sizes, 50ml, 100ml and 250ml.