Alum crystal pebbles pure cosmetic and craft ingredient. Alum pebbles are made by crushing pure, earth-grown, volcanically formed alum crystals, (potassium alum bisulphate). Alum pebbles have many uses, such as for use in naturally unfragranced deodorants, as an ingredient in aftershave recipes where it is suitable for use on sensitive skin. Alum is also used as a mordant in dyeing textiles as well as other home craft projects such as growing alum crystals.
INCI (potassium alum bisulphate)
How to use alum pebbles to make your own deodorant
- Select the alum pebbles and a jar.
- Part fill the jar with alum pebbles and add water. Agitate for a minute or so and use as a homemade spray on deodorant. The alum water will carry 3-10% in solution giving a milder deodorant then using the alum crystal block directly on the skin.
- Shake to dissolve the crystals.
- A popular option is them to transfer the alum liquid into a pump spray bottle, leaving any undissolved crystals behind in the jar and that way, the pump spray mister should work without clogging.
The Ethics of Using Volcanic Alum
- No chemicals
- No perfumes
- Naturally unfragranced
- No preservatives
- No colours
- No alcohol
- No processing (it is just collected from the surface of the Western Desert, and has never seen the inside of a factory), other than knapping or milling.
- No added ingredients at all
- Very economical.
- Highly effective
- Multifunctional (deodorant/shaving/insect bite relief) saving further on packaging, postage and bathroom clutter
- Considered safe for sensitive skins
- Helpful for hyperhidrosis
Please not we also sell Alum Crystal Blocks which are very popular for use as deodorant, Alum Chips for insect bite relief as well as Alum Crystal Powder. If you are uncertain which to choose, please feel free to contact us using the contact form or give us a call on our freephone number 0800 023 5008.