Clean your teeth more effectively with our Soladey Rhythm 2 Multi-Action Sonic and Ionic Oscillating Toothbrush
The proven powers of ionic electrons and high-speed sonic vibrations combine to remove stubborn plaque and cavity-causing bacteria, while being gentle on the gums. Watch as your teeth become smooth and squeaky clean thanks to technology that is easier, faster and more reliable than conventional brushing.
Sonic ionic toothbrush: Clean your teeth more effectively with our Soladey Rhythm 2 Multi-Action Sonic Ionic Oscillating Toothbrush. The proven powers of ionic electrons and high-speed sonic vibrations combine to remove stubborn plaque and cavity-causing bacteria, while being gentle on the gums. Watch as your teeth become smooth and cleaner than ever thanks to technology that is easier, faster and more reliable than conventional brushing.
Give the gift of a healthy smile this Christmas with our innovative high-tech dual action Soladey Sonic Ionic Rhythm 2 toothbrush. By cleaning in two ways at once, using a microcharge and super fast mini oscillations, this toothbrush gets the teeth profoundly clean in a gentle way. It comes mounted with a replaceable medium head of honeycomb shaped medium bristles, infused with silver ions and binchotan charcoal. Available in white, blue or pink.
For many people, normal electric toothbrushes are too noisy and the vibrations are too intense, even contributing to gum recession and uncomfortable teeth. It is the complete opposite with our quiet Sonic Inion brush where the tiny super fast oscillations, up to 22,000 per minute, feel more like a gentle tickle!
How does the Rhythm 2 sonic ionic toothbrush work?
Equipped with Two Modes of Sonic Vibration
High Mode-approx. 22,000 vibrations/min, Standard Mode-approx.18,000 vibrations/min
Despite the high number of vibrations, the Soladey Rhythm 2 toothbrush is quieter than most electric toothbrushes and there is less vibration in the handle. The vibrations of the sonic ionic toothbrush are more subtle and more easily tolerated by individuals who find normal electric toothbrushes too noisy and aggressive.
Ionic: Generating 2 types of electrons
1. Watch as two sources electrons are generated by an array of 3 solar panels in real time as they light up the HOTARU (firefly) Lamp at the base of the handle. The blinking LED light glows like a firefly to indicate the generation of electrons.
2. In the presence of light, saturated low energy electrons in the wet Titanium dioxide (TiO2) semiconductor are transformed into high energy electrons and these pass out through the bristles into the mouth. A small current is produced with the help of two strips, one each of copper and magnesium, placed at the back of the brush head. These two strips act as electrodes and the saliva present in the oral cavity acts as an electrolyte for the reaction to take place.
Acting like a magnet, the negatively charged electrons in the current attract the positively charged ions in the plaque. This reaction results in the reduction of H + ions (protons) from the organic acid in the plaque matrix causing its decomposition. The plaque is loosened by the combined effect of mechanical (sonic ) vibrations and production of a small current in the oral cavity, and is easily brushed and rinsed away.
When exposed to any light source (a fluorescent bathroom light, a plain light bulb, or sunlight), the photosensitive titanium rods inside the Soladey sonic ionic toothbrush converts light into negatively charged electrons (ions). The rods release these ions, which blend with saliva to attract positive (hydrogen) ions from the acid in the dental plaque.
This reaction results in the reduction of H+ ions from the organic acid in the plaque causing its decomposition. The ions remain on the teeth, reducing plaque adherence, enamel erosion and freshening the breath even 12 hours after brushing. There is evidence that the powdered TiO2 semiconductor irradiated with visible light has a bactericidal effect against Escherichia coli, streptococcus mutans and gingivalis bacteria. Thus semiconductor toothbrushes are highly effective with superior plaque removing ability and help to prevent dental caries and gum disease.
With a Soladey Honeycomb Brush Head
The honeycomb-shaped (hexagon) bristles deliver a thorough and satisfying polish every time, while the pointed brush tip cleans deep between teeth and around the molars. As an added feature, a combination of binchotan (traditionally produced Japanese white oak) charcoal and work to keep the brush impeccably hygienic between uses.
How to use the Rhythm 2 toothbrush
1. Insert an AAA battery (not supplied) into the base of the toothbrush, so you can make use of the sonic function. The ionic function is light operated and it is not dependant on the battery.
2. After wetting the bristles and semiconductor with water, press the button once for Standard mode (18,000 vibrations/min) and twice for High (22,000 vibrations/min). Select the mode that best matches your brushing strength and the sensitivity of your teeth and gums.
3. Small amount of toothpaste can also be preferred, although this is not necessary with Soladey products.
4. Adequate light source (natural or artificial) on the semiconductor rod is needed for activation. If there is enough light to power a pocket calculator, there is enough to power this toothbrush. The semi conduction functions better when wet. So briefly run the bristle end of the brush under water.
4. It helps to keep the mouth partly open while brushing to maximise the second stream of electrons from the solar panels and the titanium rod.
5. Rinse the brush after use. Remove the brush regularly from the rod and clean the rod. Always replace the brush on the rod.
6. Place the clean brush in the brush stand supplied.
Benefits of using the Rhythm 2 toothbrush
1) Superior plaque removing ability providing improved oral hygiene
2) Environmentally friendly using ionic technology
3) Toothpaste not required, or you can use much smaller amounts than normal
4) Using changeable heads, Soladey is affordable and economical. All the replacement heads that we have in stock for other models of Soladey toothbrush can be used with the Rhythm 2
5) Proven effectiveness by controlled clinical trials
A Video Overview of the Sonic Ionic Toothbrush - see it in action!
What does the Soladey Rhythm 2 toothbrush come with?
The brush body.
A binchotan charcoal brush 'honeycomb' head.
An acrylic brush stand.
Please provide your own AAA battery.
Soladey Rhythm 2 Sonic Ionic Toothbrush specifications
• Heat resistance: 60°C (140°F)
• Dimensions: 221 x 22.6 mm (8.7 x 0.9")
• Weight: approx. 50 g (1.7 oz) without battery
• Power: Any light and an AAA alkaline battery x 1 (not included)
• Titanium dioxide (TiO2) semiconductor rod
• Three solar panels for negative ion production
• Two oscillation modes: standard (18,000/minute), strong (22,000/minute)
• Includes 1 brush head
• Includes an acrylic brush stand
• Ion release HOTARU Lamp which indicates negative electrons are generated when brushing.
• Compatible with all types Soladey replacement brush heads.
• Body material: acrylic resin
• Bristles material: nylon and binchotan charcoal
• Instructions: Japanese
• Estimated Usage Time: 1 time 2 minutes / about 120 times (240 minutes) || Accessories: Dedicated Stand / Japanese Instruction Manual
Do not use if you have a pacemaker or defibrillator fitted.
Gift Wrap Options
With these Soladey Rhythm 2 Toothbrushes being a popular gift item, we can offer gift wrapping with tags and a card for £5.00. We can send direct to your friend or family member too. Just drop in their details in the Comment Box as you go through the checkout.
Can you use a rechargeable battery in the Rhythm 2?
Yes, please do! It is best to use a rechargable battery. You can recharge the battery when it gets weak and keep the oscillations of the toothbrush at the optimal speed.
Can the Rhythm 2 be used for children?
Yes, but always supervise children when they are cleaning their teeth and do not allow them to remove the brush head on their own.
Can the sonic ionic toothbrush be used on pets?
Yes, due to the fast oscillations, brushing time can be reduced compared to a manual toothbrush and it might make the process easier.
How long should you brush your teeth for?
I asked the distributor and he recommends 4 minutes, 2 - 3 times per day. This gives 4-5 seconds on each side of the teeth if you have 28 teeth in the mouth. Also do build in time to clean the tongue, the inside of the cheeks and the front of the pallet.
Do you need to use toothpaste?
I start by using a product toothpaste / powder for the first two minutes, rinse out, then continue the brushing without toothpaste. The distributor says that you get more benefit from the oxygenation from the ionic function without toothpaste. In this second phase of brushing, the saliva becomes foamy due to the presence of oxygen and maximize the antibacterial benefits coming form the titanium oxide rod.
Are the replacement heads always available?
Yes, you get four replacement heads in a packet and we try to keep the widest available range in stock. On our Soladey -3 page you will find Soft, Medium, Tapered and Child/Pets available. The Honeycomb charcoal replacement heads are available on this page and you get four heads in each packet.
How are these Rhythm 2 toothbrushes any better than normal toothbrushes?
Oh, you had better read my blog on questions to ask your dentist and look at my dental charts showing my 'before' status and my massively improved status 'after' using this toothbrush for just 5 weeks!