The sink, drain, overflow cleaning brush (hair catcher, clog remover), or hair gripper brush is used to remove hair clogs from sink drains, plug holes and overflows. Made of stainless steel with nylon bristles, the brush is designed to be easy to use, effective at unclogging sink drains and easy to clean.
Suitable for wash basins, showers, baths and the kitchen sink, this brush easily removes hair, pet hair, lint, soap scum, fats and other debris from beneath the plug hole allowing water to flow away freely.
Dimensions: 27.5 cm long, bristle diameter 0.8cm, top loop 1.5cm
Materials: Stainless steel and nylon
Features of the sink unclogger, hair catcher brush
- Flexible and bendable
- Anti-corrosion and anti-rust
- With a bristle diameter which fits through all standard sink basket strainers
- Easy to clean
- Easy to store (no jumble of different parts)
If waste water is flowing slowly from your sink, or if your sink is starting to smell, tackle the blockage early without using chemicals, by using this sink cleaning brush before the blockage moves further down the pipes.
How to unclog your sink with a hair catcher brush
- Pass the brush down the drain through a section of the sink strainer.
- Twist the brush while pulling in an upwards direction.
- Remove hair and debris with paper, such as newspaper.
- Repeat through each section of the sink strainer.
- Wash the brush removing anything which is still attached to the bristles
- Dispose of the debris on the compost heap or in the landfill bin.
- Flush the sink with hot water and clean the sink to render it hygienic again.
How to clean the overflow
- Bend the tip of the brush slightly
- Push into the overflow and rotate the brush.
- Withdraw the brush and remove any debris.
- Continue until the overflow is clean
- Clean the brush and dispose of any debris as before.
Other uses of the hair catcher brush
I have found this brush very useful for cleaning difficult to access fittings on my toilet seat. Use sideways the brush cleaned along junctions, between the upper and lower part of the toilet seat.
This brush is also adept at fitting behind tap fittings where they join to the sink and helping to clean away bacteria and limescale.
WARNING The end of the brush is sharp. Keep the brush away from children and pets.