The eco friendly cleaning cloth / scouring cleaning pad that brings genuine joy to cleaning
Let our Scrubby eco cleaning cloths transform your cleaning and help you reach new environmental heights. Made 100% pesticide free cotton, the Scrubby is not only the most environmentally friendly cleaning cloth, but also the most durable, the most fun to use and very easy-care. Non-scratch, washable and long-lasting, it is the ultimate cleaning pad for all your washable surfaces. From glassware to steel, ceramics to taps, greasy cooker hoods, sticky counters and burnt hobs, these scrubbies will never let you down. Available in two sizes, save by buying more than one.
The natural scrubbing pad that means business
Scrubby is the ultimate eco-friendly scrub cleaning pad and cleaning cloth that makes light work of your surface cleaning and brings joy and satisfaction to the most mundane of cleaning tasks. Made from 100% cotton, but with loops stiffened with tree resin, it is kind to the environment and it lasts ten times longer than conventional synthetic yellow foam and green scourers and many times longer than jay type cloths.
The brightly-coloured scrub pad, each with a zany abstract, colourful design, not only looks great, it’s a natural wonder with its coarse but non-scratch texture. The scrubby will might light work of cleaning your washing up, draining board, sink, stainless steel, ceramics, hob, the refrigerator, windows and floors. Once you get a scrubby in your hand and start cleaning, it gives such great satisfaction it will be hard to put down. You can even use the Scrubby cleaning pad to clean your vegetables!
Away from the kitchen, the eco friendly cleaning cloth, available in two sizes, is excellent for animal bowls, sports equipment, shower screens, windows, outdoor furniture, garden tools, plant pots, boats and caravans. While this eco-friendly cleaning cloth works a treat on rough surfaces, equally it is adept as detail cleaning, such as under the toilet seat, awkward corners, metal grills and textured surfaces.
You’ll appreciate the feel of Scrubbies – and be amazed at how they transform dull cleaning tasks. They are efficient at removing limescale when used with our organic Soap Nuts. Stand the nuts in warm water to make Soapnut liquid, and off you go. Your taps will sparkle and your glass shower screen look as shiny as new.
How to care for you Scrubby eco friendly cleaning cloth
There are three ways to clean your scrubby:
- When the Scrubby gets dirty, simply pop it in the washing machine at 50 degrees Celsius (don’t wash it with delicate items).
- If you can’t stop your cleaning spree, or if you have used the scrubby for anything very greasy such as frying pans or germy such as pet bowls, then quickly clean it but rubbing in some Hemp Oil Soap for cleaning give it a quick rinse and you will be able to carry on.
- Some customers give them a quick wash when they run their dishwasher
The environmental credentials of scrubbies
Scrubbies have gone through rigorous environmental testing and achieve the world-leading Product Safety Mark, OEKO-TEX Standard 100. The cotton used is pesticide-free and has no allergenic dyes. The natural scrub pad’s coarse texture comes from a special water-soluble, environmentally-friendly coating using tree resin. Genius!
You will no longer need conventional sponge scourers, which are made of polyurethane (usually yellow) and a green polyester/nylon scourer. Amazingly, these can take up to 200 years to biodegrade. The Scrubby is an environmentally friendly cleaning cloth that is very long lasting, but when you finally have to let it go, chop it up with a pair of scissors and bury it one foot down in the garden – it will soon break down naturally.
Scrubby scrub pad sizes and patterns
Scrubbies come in two handy sizes, perfect for all your scrub pad cleaning requirements.
- Normal Scrubby: Approx. 12.5cm x 15cm (5″ x 6″)
- Large Scrubby: Approx. 25cm x 25cm (10″ x 10″)
Because we know you will love our Scrubby cleaning pads, you can use the drop-down menu at the top of the page to order multiple scrub pads at a time.
If you order more than one, we’ll make sure you get a dazzling mix of unique colours and designs. We suggest getting a few at a time – one for the kitchen, one for the bathroom, one for the garden and if you like, get more to give to friends and family to help them on their eco journey.
- Please note, don’t use Scrubbies on your skin because they are too coarse. For exfoliation, you will find our naturally anti-microbial Nettle and Copper Exfoliating Gloves are perfect.
- While the scrubbies are designated as non-scratch by their EU manufacturers, do also test a discrete area of the surface you are to clean before widescale use to make sure they are not too abrasive.
- Don’t use Scrubbies on surfaces which are easily scratched such as car paint, faux-leather, gold and silver plated items etc. Use your discretion.
Some basic cleaning techniques with the scrubby
- Use the scrubby dry for tasks such as scooping up hairs, pet fluff or breadcrumbs.
- Use it wet with natural detergent for most cleaning tasks
- Use it wet, also holding a natural sponge or either the lint free cotton cleaning cloth or the thick knitted dish cloth in the hand or a cotton dish cloth to avoid drips.
Get more eco-cleaning inspiration?
If you would like to get the complete eco-cleaning experience for your home, we’re here to help. Our Eco Cleaning Kit gives you everything you need, including:
- Scrubby / scrubbies
- Soap Nuts or Soap Berries, Soap Nut Shells – a natural plant based detergent for washable surfaces, especially shiny surfaces
- Hemp Oil Soft Soap – a naturally antimicrobial soft soap for stubborn dirt, germy tasks, burnt pans, roasting pans with a multitude of other uses (hand hygiene, shaving, exfoliating the skin)
- Walnut Shell Powder – an abrasive to replace microbeads to add at point of use.