Pure organic rose water, the best known skin toner and cleanser for all skin types. Our traditional steam distillation rose water perfects any skin care routine, hydrating, revitalising and moisturising and giving noticeable differences in skin tone, clarity, and colour balance.
Rosa damascena – 100% pure, organic and steam distilled
How is rose water made?
Our rose water is made by an award winning Moroccan women owned cooperative. From cultivation to final production, the emphasis at the coop is always on purity and consistency of quality year on year. The height of the rose season runs through April and May, when the rose bushes reach their peak and the whole valley turns pink as if it is a magical realm. During this time, when the petals are fully opened and the atmosphere is warm and moist, the roses, at the peak of their vibrancy, contain their most intense aroma. From dawn until mid-morning, the ladies gather these sun ripened roses.
Next, the fresh petals are carefully sorted and they are placed in vats for distillation on the farm where they grow. The distillation begins within hours of the harvest. Once heated, the steam is collected, giving us the premium organic rose water, also containing the natural rose oils. Much of the rose essential oil is retained in the rose water, adding to the intense damask rose aroma, the potency and the longevity – without the addition or any preservatives. The cooperative produces food grade pure organic rose water, which we sell for cosmetic use.
This rose water is distilled from the damask rose specially chosen for it high levels of rose oil and to give the classic, timeless scent. With the reputed aphrodisiac qualities of rose water and gentle astringent action, means that it will always be more than a natural toner, cleanser and skin conditioner!
Rose water characteristics
Our rose water has a classic damask rose fragrance which is, rosy, sweet and heady – with a light musk element contributed by the stamens of each flower. Together it gives a balanced rose water which is distinctive, intoxicating, sensual, relaxing and restorative – evocative to almost every person.
By tradition, the scent of the rose enhanced memory and current research shows how it is relevant to patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
Rose water contains over 400 different compounds, making it impossible to replicate. These include, Vitamin C, terpenes, glycocides, flavonoids, quarcetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins.
How to use rose water for the skin
Use rose water as the go-to cleanser toner for your skin. Increase the beneficial action of rose water on the skin by applying it with one of our specially selected facial sponges. Using a sponge massages the skin, helps remove dirt from the skin and helps the goodness of the rose water reach all parts of the skin. We recommend, a 1 or 2 inch silk fina sponge for cleaning the lips, a 3 or 4 inch silk fina sponge for cleansing oily skin, or a soft wedge or soft triangle sponge for dry, damaged or delicate facial skin. Soften and wet the sponge with warm water. Either add the rose water to the sponge and apply to the skin. Or spray the rose water on the skin and work it into the skin with the damp sponge.
Benefits of rose water for skin
- Gentle cleaning action removing oil and dirt from the pores and skin surface.
- Suitable for all skin types including oily, dry and combination skin.
- Rose water is also highly suited for sensitive or trouble-prone skin including eczema and rosacea.
- Maintains the correct pH balance of the skin.
- Gentle astringent action helping to maintain a youthful skin structure.
- Gentle exfoliating action, giving great results on the facial skin and for cleaning the lips.
- Instantly soothing and cooling for irritated skin.
- Reduces redness in the skin, by tightening broken capillaries.
- Improves micro-circulation giving a healthy, lively appearance to the complexion.
- Gives fast relief from over exposure to the sun or wind.
- Anti-aging benefits for mature skins, helping to keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- Anti-bacterial and healing properties meaning it can be used on damages skin and over scars, cuts and wounds.
- High in anti-oxidants, helping to strengthen skin cells and with skin regeneration.
- Rose water can be sprayed on the face to help set makeup and keep the skin more hydrated.
- Use as a natural aftershave to reduce shaving rash.
Benefits of using rose water on the hair
- Spritz dry, frizzy or fly away hair and style with a comb.
- Massage into the scalp to treat mild inflamed scalp or mild levels of dandruff.
- It can be used on the scalp to improve hair growth and to reduce hair loss.
- Rose water can be used as a natural hair conditioner mix 2 tablespoon or rose water to a cup of warm water and apply to the hair.
- Spray rose water onto the hair to carry a light fragrance.
How to use rose water in the hair
Spray onto the hair, or apply to the scalp using a sponge as described above.
Benefits of using organic rose water for the eyes
- To remove dark circles from around the eyes – mix 2 tablespoons of rose water with an equal quantity of milk. Fold 2 lady’s handkerchiefs into quarters, dip into the rose water mixture and apply to the eyes for 20 minutes. Repeat daily.
- To treat tired, red eyes – mix rose water with a little boiled water and use as eye drops.
- To remove dust from eyes – apply a few drops of rose water in each eye and allow it run out of the eyes near the tear gland.
Benefits of using rose water for the teeth
- Rose water can also be used in the mouth to help ease inflamed gums, and ease mouth ulcers as well as to reduce the adhesion of plaque films to the teeth.
- By tradition, miswak sticks (a natural toothbrush made from a tree root) can be dipped in rosewater before use to improve the cleaning action and to freshen the breath.
Rose water and the mind
Rose has antidepressant and antianxiety properties
- Spray onto your pillow at night time, making use of the ‘hypnotic’ and sedative effects.
- Use in spa treatments to encourage relaxation and to relieve stress and depression.
- Use as a gargle for sore throats.
- Use as a compress for natural headache relief.
- Add to clay facial masks.
- Combine with other floral water to make you own unique floral water blend.
We pack all our floral waters in glass jars, and all our products are sent in plastic free packaging.
Choose either a bottle with a regular metal screw cap or a bottle with a pump spray mister.
We have 3 sizes, 50ml, 100ml and 250ml