Add Pure Magnesium Flakes to your bath or footbath to enjoy the most health giving, most relaxing bath. Restore your magnesium levels and rejuvenate tired muscles, ease aching joints, calm restless leg syndrome, relieve stress and tension, balance hormones and improve sleep. Use pure magnesium flakes to improve skin health, scalp health and even hair growth.
Magnesium Chloride hexahydrate shortened to MgCl2.6(H2O) Each kilogram of pure magnesium flakes contains at least 47% magnesium chloride.
Magnesium flakes are derived from magnesium chloride which found in seawater. It is these, now land based subterranean deposits that the magnesium chloride rich brine is extracted. The brine is then evaporated producing magnesium chloride flakes. Our source is the renowned Zechstein source from Holland, which has the highest purity in the world, plus the source is near by, reducing transport miles. By contrast the Dead Sea magnesium flakes are about 30% purity and the transport involved is 10 times the distance.
Do we need Magnesium?
Did you know that about 2 out of 3 people are deficient in magnesium? We loose magnesium through sweating, menses, caffeine consumption and alcohol use. Bathing in magnesium flakes, a concentrated form of magnesium, is a safe way to supplement as the skin will not absorb more than it needs.
How to use Magnesium Flakes in a Footbath
Add 150g to a footbath and add 5 litres of hot water.
How to Use Magnesium Flakes as a Bath Soak
Add 250g to a bath and soak for 20 minutes. Increase the duration to enhance your experience. To obtain optimal levels, we recommend taking 2-3 magnesium baths each week. It is great to do this in the evening because magnesium increases the levels of GABA in the body, a neurotransmitter that helps you to sleep.
How to Use Magnesium Flakes to Improve Hair Health
Dissolve 1 part of Magnesium flakes with 1 part of boiling water. Due to the slippery feel, the mixture is often called ‘magnesium oil’. Keep in a glass jar or spray bottle. Apply to hair and leave on for up to 30 minutes. Rinse.
Or apply to hair and scalp 30 minutes before washing the hair. Use 2-3 times per week.
Magnesium for Nails?
Just in the course of using Magnesium Flakes in the bath or with hair applications, the nail are exposed to magnesium. Over time, this can improve the appearance of the nail and they begin to grow without vertical ridges.
You can of course soak your nails in ‘magnesium oil’ during the course of your weekly manicure to obtain consistent results.
Benefits of Magnesium Bath Flakes
Magnesium bath flakes are a type of bath salt that contains magnesium chloride. Magnesium is an essential mineral that is important for many bodily functions, including muscle and nerve function, blood sugar control, and mood regulation. Magnesium bath flakes can help to improve your overall health and well-being in a number of ways.
Here are some of the benefits of using magnesium bath flakes:
- Reduce stress and anxiety: Magnesium has been shown to have a calming effect on the body and mind. Soaking in a magnesium bath can help to reduce stress, anxiety, and promote relaxation.
- Improve sleep: Magnesium can help to improve sleep quality by promoting relaxation and reducing stress. Soaking in a magnesium bath before bed can help you to fall asleep more easily and sleep more soundly.
- Relieve muscle pain: Magnesium can help to relax muscles and relieve muscle pain. Soaking in a magnesium bath can help to relieve muscle tension and pain, such as from sore muscles after a workout or from chronic conditions like fibromyalgia.
- Improve skin health: Magnesium can help to improve skin health by reducing inflammation and promoting hydration. Soaking in a magnesium bath can help to improve the appearance of your skin, reduce acne, and relieve eczema.
- Boost energy levels: Magnesium can help to boost energy levels by supporting the body’s natural energy production. Soaking in a magnesium bath can help you to feel more energized and alert.
If you are looking for a natural way to improve your health and well-being, magnesium bath flakes are a great option.
Is magnesium a bath salt?
Yes, magnesium can be considered as a type of bath salt. Bath salts are products that are added to bath water to make it more relaxing and enjoyable. They can contain a variety of minerals and essential oils, and they can have a variety of benefits for the skin and body.
Magnesium bath flakes are a type of bath salt that contains magnesium chloride. Magnesium is an essential mineral that is important for many bodily functions, including muscle and nerve function, blood sugar control, and mood regulation. Soaking in a magnesium bath can help to improve your overall health and well-being in a number of ways.
What Are the General Benefits of Using Pure Magnesium Flakes?
- A natural relaxation aid, combatting stress and tension
- A natural sleep aid by regulating melatonin and equally boosts energy levels
- A natural mood enhancer by regulating serotonin (helping against seasonal affective disorder)
- Well known to ease aching muscles. Magnesium helps to deliver sugar and remove lactic acid, accelerating post exercise recovery. Some athletes use it before intensive exercise too.
- Helps to reduce muscle cramping
- Well known for easing stiff joints
- Good for heart health. While calcium helps the heart to contract, magnesium helps it to relax, giving a healthy heart beat.
Benefits of Magnesium for Hair
- Improves hair growth by reducing calcium deposits from hard water in the hair follicles of the scalp
- Reduces hair loss. When magnesium levels are too low, the hair follicles go into a rest cycle and stop producing new hair and loose hairs. Using magnesium topically can help redress the balance.
- Reduces scalp dryness
- Reduces the greying of hair by improving protein formation and normalisation melanin levels
Benefits of Magnesium Flakes for the Skin
- Improves the skin aiding cellular regeneration and repair, limiting the action of free radicals and reducing wrinkles
- Improves skin hydration and increases skin barrier function
While our magnesium flakes are totally devoid of bacteria, viruses and fungus, they exhibit antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory effects.
The Chemistry of Sleep – How does magnesium help sleep?
It can help you fall asleep faster – It helps to limit the effects of cortisol, the stress hormone which can keep you awake.
It can help you gain more deep sleep – helping you feel more rested.
Magnesium regulates hormones so it aids the parasympathetic nervous system (essential for calming and relaxing)
It supports the pineal gland which makes melatonin – essential for regulating sleep / wake cycles
It binds to gamma-aminobutyric acid GABA receptors which quieten down nerve activity and over active brain function.
Increases seratonin (the happy hormone)
Take a magnesium bath or footbath 30 minutes before going to bed and some of the benefits of a magnesium bath are immediately effective, but to develop the optimal sleep quality, using magnesium flakes for 3 months.
Do not use pure magnesium flakes if suffering from renal insufficiency.
Safe for use during pregnancy or during breastfeeding.
- If you colour your hair, do a strand test before using magnesium oil on your hair, to make sure it doesn’t remove colour or interact with chemical hair dyes. The use of magnesium oil has no impact on hair coloured with natural dyes such as henna or indigo.
- Do a skin patch test before widescale use.
- If allergic, cease use.
- Keep the packet completely sealed between use – magnesium flakes are hygroscopic, which means they absorb water. If the packet is not sealed, the contents will completely liquify!
Plastic Free Compostable Packaging
We pack our magnesium flakes in fully compostable kraft resealable pouches made from kraft paper, cellulose and starch film. Please put used pouches in your recycling bin, so they can be industrially composted.
Magnesium is deficient in many of our diets and in water supplies, especially those which have been ‘softened.’ Yet after water and oxygen, magnesium is the next most important compound to support life. Many people suffer from hypomagnesia and you are more at risk if you drink coffee or take antacids such as Omeprazol.
Magnesium can help to protect against coronary vascular disease, atherosclerosis, preeclampsia, cardiac arrhythmias, diabetes mellites, hypertension, excess weight gain and alcohol dependency. Having optimal magnesium levels also improves mental health and mood. We absorb very little magnesium from foods – maybe only 4%. This means that about 2 out of 3 adults are deficient in magnesium. Our skin will readily absorb magnesium transdermally and the use of magnesium flakes is considered increasingly important to give all round physical and mental health.
Storage and Shelf Life
Magnesium flakes are hygroscopic which means they will absorb water – Please reseal the packaging straight after use to keep the magnesium flakes in top condition.
Use within 12 months of opening.