Hand Washing Kit
With our Naturally Antimicrobial Hemp Oil Soap, our Stiff Cactus Fiber Nail Brush, and our Horn Manicure Nail Cleaning Tool, it is easy to have scrupulously clean and hygienic hands and impeccably clean finger nails. The products in this ‘natural’ kit will work on the grubbiest hands and are safe even for sensitive skin.
Antibacterial Hand Washing Kit
Hand Washing and Cleaning Nails with Hemp Oil Soap
The hands and finger nails should be cleaned frequently through day, not only because they look much more attractive, but also to prevent the spread of germs. Our manicure tool, not only lifts grime from under the nail, but can be used to push back the quicks keeping the nail margin intact and more hygienic. By using our fast acting antimicrobial hemp oil wash soap and our natural plant fibre nail brush, the skin will be left soft, calm and flexible and the finger nails will be hygienically clean. Using our versatile hemp oil soap can also reduce troubles with splitting cuticles and splitting nails. Every sink at home should be furnished with a nail brush and some naturally anti-bacterial hemp oil soap! Keep the manicure tool in a handy place so you can quickly find it and use it.
Never doubting the powers of our hemp oil soap to clean the grimiest of hands, blacksmiths, charcoal burners, mechanics, doctors, dentists, nurses, care workers, horse owners and gardeners are all astounded by how well it cleans and how calm the skin feels after use. Us more ordinary mortals, use it to good effect too. Hemp oil soap is even ideal for frequent hand washers as it does kill the germs but it is non-irritating to the skin. Nail brushes are rarely provided at work, so the expectation is to arrive at work each day with clean hands and finger nails.
Hand Washing Techniques
1. How to Wash the Hands and Clean the Nails: Old Method
This old fashioned ‘random’ method does get the hands clean, but it is not totally systematic. It is what most people do most of the time unless they are taught other methods. Simply get the hands wet in a basin of warm water. Take a small dab of soft soap, rub it over every part of the hands, fingers and wrists. Apply a further dab of soap to a nail brush and scrub under the nails. For hands with embedded grime, use a nail brush (gently) over the finger pads, palms cuticles and nails. Rinse the nail brush and finally rinse the hands and dry them.
We largely learn out hygiene habits from our family and from school but it is never too late to adapt to new research.
2. Newer Method: How the Wash the Hands: Current Method Recommended by WHO (the World Health Organization)
More recently, WHO had issued guidelines on hand washing, mainly directed to health care workers but intended to filter down through society through national government initiatives. As a result, in the work place and public places, colourful posters are pinned up at hand washing sinks show a structured series of images with captions. They portray the steps to washing every part of the hands. The process takes about 1 minute. However the cleaning of the nails is massively under-emphasized and this important step doesn’t even get its own image.
So, we are making our own downloadable poster [coming soon] which shows all the steps to getting both the hands and nails totally clean and a video, showing the steps very clearly. [coming soon] Most of the microbes on the hands are concentrated in the first 1mm of nail growth and nail scrubbing should never be overlooked. The nails should be scrubbed at least every day even if they look clean already.
3. Comprehensive Method! How to Wash the Hands and Clean the Nails at Home: Natural Spa Supplies
Water Wet the hands preferably with warm water. Soap Take a Dab of Hemp Oil Soft Soap.
1. Palms Rub the hemp oil soap between the palms and fingers on the palmar surfaces in order to disperse the soap, mix it with water and even produce a small lather. The soap will turn from green to white. 2. Fingers Allow the fingers to loosely interlock and slide along each other and let the palms slide across each other. 3. Fingers Place one hand on top of the other and allow the fingers to loosely interlock, following the motions described in the previous step. Repeat with the other hand. 4. Knuckles Make a fist with one hand and rub it in the palm of the other hand. This stretches out the skin folds in the knuckles and keeps the skin here clean and flexible. Repeat with the other fist. 5. Thumbs Enclose the thumb joint and thumb with the thumb and finger of the other hand and clean up and down the thumb. Repeat on the other thumb. 6. Finger Tips Place all of the finger tips of one hand onto the palm of the other hand and rub. This action cleans the finger tips and gets some extra soap under the nails. Repeat with the finger tips on the other hand. 7. Wrists Clasp the wrist and clean around the wrist. Repeat to clean the other wrist. 8. NAILS Scrub the all nails with the ‘cactus’ fibre nail brush.
9. Rinse The nail brush, the hands and nails. Allow the nail brush to dry. Dry Dry the hands.
10. Clean under the Nails For impacted dirt under the nail, make use of the Manicure Tool after drying the hands, while the nail margins are still damp and move the pointed end of the manicure tool under the nail margin – You will need to rewash the hands after cleaning under the nails. Or use the Nail Cleaning Tool before you wash your hands.
Once you know what you are doing, it doesn’t take long at all.
Extras It is not necessary to moisturize after using the hemp oil soap as the skin is left supple. However I do moisturize the hands once or twice a day with Organic Argan Oil to protect the skin from the elements and to reduce the signs of aging. I have also found that the Argan Oil and /or the Argan Lip Balm does strengthen the nails.
What is Hemp Oil Soap?
Meet the 12th century British soap that we have recreated. Made from nothing more than British grown hemp seed oil and lye water, it is the most basic of soaps and if any of these ingredients were omitted, it would cease to be soap! While this soap is gentle on the skin, it kills germs and cleans the skin without stripping the protective oils or natural flora. It is suitable for all skin types even sensitive skin, and it can be used by frequent hand washers.
Naturally Anti-Microbial Soap
Remember, our soap is the most simple formula of just 3 ingredients – with hemp seed oil as the principal and evidently key ingredient and inspired by a similar important soap made in Britain from the 12th century! When we had the soap voluntarily tested for its anti-microbial qualities, the test lab especially called us to say that they had never seen such fast and thorough anti-microbial action with any soap they had tested before. It killed 247 million colony forming units of Pseudomonas aeriginosa, 10 million colony forming units of Staphylococcus aureus and over 3 million colony forming units of Candida albicans at the first test point. Microbial levels stayed at zero through subsequent test points.
There is a world of difference between nylon nail brushes and natural nail brushes. We supply an untreated beech wood nail brush with stiff cactus fibre bristles. A good nail brush is essential for cleaning the nails and hands. This superb quality nail brush makes hand washing and nail scrubbing effective, gentle and thorough. The nail brush is made with sustainably produced untreated beech wood. All of the edges are chamfered. The brush feels smooth, very well finished and it is easy to hold. The naturally stiff bristles are made from a ‘cactus’ plant , or more precisely, the agave lechugilla plant which grown in the semi-arid regions in Mexico. This plant fibre is renown for being durable, elastic, non-electrostatic and for its polishing attributes and shape retentive qualities. Leaves of the plant are still wild gathered by special collectors called talladores who strip the flesh off the leaf to reveal the fibres’ which are then dried, sorted and cut.
Horn Manicure Tool
Made from cow horn, the Surrealist styled Manicure / Pedicure, Nail Cleaning Tools with Cuticle Pusher are perfectly shaped to clean under the nails – use the pointed end which is shaped like a talon. The other end of the tool looks like a well trimmed finger nail – use this end as a cuticle pusher.
So far we have found that nail cleaning is faster with a natural fibre brush and remarkably, the nails appear cleaner in between nail scrubbing. Perhaps it is the polishing action of the nail brush on the underside of the protruding nail, the anti-static effect or just the thoroughness of the cleaning? Even if the nails appear to be perfectly clean, it important to thoroughly scrub and use the nail cleaning tool under the nails every day and as often as required to maintain personal hygiene standards and to protect others that we come into contact with.
Please select the size of the antibacterial hand washing kit from the menu above.
Small/ Travel / Trial: 30g Hemp Oil Soap, 1 Cactus Fiber Nail Brush and 1 Manicure Pedicure Tool Medium: 150g Hemp Oil Soap with 2 Cactus Fiber Nail Brushes and 1 Manicure Pedicure Tool
Large: 250g Hemp Oil Soap with 3 Cactus Fiber Nail Brushes and 1 Manicure Pedicure Tool